Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is a yarn crawl? For all you newbies, a “yarn crawl” is a multi-day event for yarn and fiber lovers connecting them to local yarn shops within a specific area or city. Yarn crawl participants follow a self-guided itinerary for a weekend of exploration and fun. The crawl is sponsored by local retailers who participate in a Grand Prize raffle for participants that are able to visit all shops in the 3 day period. In addition to the raffle, each shop offers different promotions and other events of their choice.
The Grand Prize Raffle- $50 gift card from each participating shop!
2) Does it cost anything to participate? Attendance is absolutely FREE. Of course, yarn and other items in the shops are very tempting to purchase, but purchase is NEVER mandatory.
3) What are the dates and times of the Wandering Ewe Yarn Crawl?
Friday, July 26: 10-6
Saturday, July 27: 10-4
Sunday, July 28: 12-4
Please download our Passport (coming soon for 2019) for addresses, map and other contact information for individual shops.
4) How do I participate in the Grand Prize raffle? Participants must be 16 years of age or older to be eligible to win a raffle prize. One passport per participant. Must be present at each shop to get passport stamped. Passports will only be stamped during yarn crawl days and hours as stated on the Passport. Passports are non-transferable.
5) Is it free to enter the Grand Prize raffle? Yes! Every participant who visits each participating shop will leave the completed passport at the last shop visited and therefore be entered into the raffle.
6) How will the Grand Prize raffle prize winners be notified? The raffle prizewinner will be notified by email and announced on our official Wandering Ewe website and Facebook page.
7) If I win, how do I get my Grand Prize raffle prize? Our lucky winner will be responsible for picking up his/her raffle prize at Firefly Fibers in Beaver Dam, WI. Identification is required to claim prize.